Install MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + Secure Xampp
– Installing MuWeb 0.9 & Xampp + SECURE XAMPP –
In order to install MuWeb 0.9 You have to use xampp (unless you want to install Zend Optimizer manual on the other webservers like easyphp,apache and so, I prefer xampp so this guide is based on xampp)
1) Click –>> HERE <<– to download xampp (There is alot of external mirrors on that website, External Mirror Nr. 2 is the best one, works always)
2) After you have downloaded xampp then install it. (This is one of the easiest part of the guide) Install it at: (c:\xampp) – As default.
3) Now go to your xampp folder (c:\xampp) then you will see a folder named htdocs there, double click it and delete all the files unless the folders “contrib, forbidden, xampp, restirected” <– These are the folder names, Dont delete them.
4) Now download MuWeb 0.9 (Free Version) to start downloading MuWeb 0.9 click on of the mirrors
5) After you have downloaded MuWeb 0.9 (Free Version) install it and extract the files into the htdocs folder: (c:/xampp/htdocs)
6) Go to “c:/xampp/htdocs/INSTALL STUFF” then double click MuWeb.reg and click Yes then OK. (PS: If you use MD5 then extract WZ_MD5_MOD.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn – Run the next code in SQL QUERY ANALYZER using Master database(ONLY IF YOU USE MD5):Code:exec sp_addextendedproc 'XP_MD5_EncodeKeyVal', 'WZ_MD5_MOD.dll'
7) Now open config_inc.php and edit it with your settings:
* $muweb[‘db_host’] – Database Host where SQL Server is hosted (127.0.0.1 if you host it yourself)
* $muweb[‘db_name’] – MU Online default database (MuOnline)
* $muweb[‘db_name2’] – MU Online secondary database (Me_MuOnline)
Note: If you use only 1 database (MuOnline) leave MuOnline
* $muweb[‘db_user’] – SQL access user (normally sa)
* $muweb[‘db_password’] – SQL access password (the password you did input when you installed your SQL Server)
* $muweb[‘connection_type’] – Leave this one as ODBC unless you got the Premium Version
REQUIRED APACHE MODSCode:1) Enable MOD REWRITE - Go to (c:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf) , open it, find #LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so, delete # from the front save and restart the webserver.Code:2) GD Image Library - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini, search for ;extension=php_gd2.dll, delete ; from the front close document and saveCode:3) Zend Optimizer - Can be enabled from php.ini (in xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = Off, change Off to On (that means delete "Off" and write "On")Code:4) Search zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0, change 0 to 1, close document and save. (Can be enabled from php.ini (in c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini)Code:5) Zlib - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for ;extension=php_zlib_filter.dll, delete ; from the front close document and save.Code:6) Mssql - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for ;extension=php_mssql.dll, delete ; from the front close document and save.Code:7) Mod_Rewrite - In xampp this mod is already enabled, in others webservers you can enable it from httpd.conf (If it still wont work then check: (c:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf) Search for #LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so and remove # from the front.
Now open your browser and go to: <example: http://yourservername/install.php>
- Connecting To Databases
- Checking,Altering Tables
- Password Encryption Type
- + NO MD5
- + MD5 ENCRYPTION – Make sure you have complete Step 1. from the top of INSTALL NOTES
- Create Administrator Account
- Install Finished
NOW DELETE INSTALL.PHP FROM: <c:\xampp\htdocs\install.php>
ALSO DELETE THE FOLDER NAMED “PhpMyAdmin” You can find this folder at: <c:\xampp>
PS: YOU CAN ACCESS THE ADMIN CONTROL PANEL IF YOU LOGIN LIKE A USER (BUT LOGIN WITH THE USERNAME & PASSWORD YOU DID INPUT. LOOK AT 8.5)
HOW TO SECURE XAMPP:Code:Go to: <http://localhost/security> When you are there you will see a text like this: => http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php <= [allowed only for localhost] Enter there. Now you will see a new page.. Input your password at the MySQL Section. After you are done click at the valid button. (Your SQL server is safe now, it cant get hacked by the security folder anymore!)Code:Under the MySQL Section will you also see "XAMPP Directory PROTECTION (.htaccess) Enter the user and password you want (write this down somewhere because you will need this to login to the security page again. (This will block peoples to enter the security page - so the peoples with the correct username and password can get into the security page ONLY)Code:Now go to (c:\xampp\apache\bin) and open php.ini and search for: safe_mode = Off Delete Off and write On there. Now will your PHP run in a safe mode.
HERE IS IT HOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
If you cant install it or so, please feel free to ask your questions on this Thread.